Join the PeaceTrees Team for the 2022-2023 Academic Year
PeaceTrees Vietnam is thrilled to announce an internship opportunity for the upcoming academic year! This internship is open to sophomores, juniors, and seniors studying at a place of higher learning (community college, university, or vocational school) in the Seattle area and will run from September 2022-June 2023. To learn more about PeaceTrees, the internship, and review the application requirements, read through the information below:
PeaceTrees Vietnam works to build a safe and successful future for children and families endangered by the legacy of the Vietnam War. In partnership with local communities in Vietnam, we remove explosive remnants of war and return land to productive use, build schools and libraries to educate future generations, and advance economic development to ensure a prosperous tomorrow. Learn more online at: www.peacetreesvietnam.org
This internship will offer the opportunity to learn about careers in nonprofit and international humanitarian work. Working closely with staff, the intern will gain practical experience that allows them to develop skills in communication, social media, research, fundraising, and cultural competency. The internship is designed to complement the intern’s academic studies and with flexibility to pursue areas the intern is most interested in.
The intern will support PeaceTrees Vietnam’s development, communications, event, and outreach efforts through event planning, grant research, contributing to the development and implementation of a communications plan, and more. This is a fantastic opportunity for those interested in pursuing futures in non-profit administration, philanthropy, or non-profit communications.
The intern will be expected to: (1) Assist with mailing, data entry, and various administrative support for development and events; (2) draft correspondence including thank you letters and responding to donor inquiries; (3) research potential funding opportunities; (5) draft project reports for online giving platforms such as GlobalGiving (6) assist in creating media content and managing social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram)
Specific deliverables during the internship will also include: (1) identifying, coordinating, and attending one outreach event per quarter; (2) interviewing one current donor, volunteer, or board member per quarter; (3) an intern project based on interest and organizational need.
Time Commitment and Pay:
The intern will contribute 10-12 hours of work each week, and the internship must be completed prior to graduation. We request that approximately half of the intern’s weekly hours be completed in-person at our downtown Seattle office, which is located at 509 Olive Way, Seattle WA 98101 and the other half of the weekly hours can be completed remotely. This internship is for one academic year, October 2022-June 2023. We also request the intern be available to work occasional evenings and weekend hours in the case of special events.
PeaceTrees interns will be compensated for their time at a rate of $17.27/hour. Interns are not eligible for additional benefits.
Eligibility and Desired Skills
To be eligible for the internship, students must meet the following minimum requirements (along with position specific requirements):
· Currently an undergraduate sophomore, junior, or senior, enrolled at an institution of higher learning, such as college, community college or vocational school
· Receiving school credit for the internship is strongly preferred
We are seeking interns who:
· Can synthesize complex ideas into clear written products
· Have a demonstrated commitment to conflict resolution, peacebuilding, and/or international relations
· Proficient with Google Suite, Microsoft Office, Canva (desirable skills: Photoshop, InDesign)
· Possess a high-level of professional and interpersonal skills
· Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Work cooperatively, foster team spirit and maintain a sense of humor
· Maintain organized workspaces and professional work habits
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
· Your resume (sent as an attachment)
· A cover letter (sent as an attachment) explaining why you are interested in the internship, what skills you have to offer, and why you would be the perfect fit for PeaceTrees Vietnam
Deadline to apply: Thursday, July 14
To view a PDF version of this job description, click here.