Legacy Giving with PeaceTrees-Transform Futures Beyond Your Lifetime
To help ensure Vietnam is entirely clear of explosive remnants of war, consider including PeaceTrees in your estate planning. PeaceTrees accepts a variety of legacy gifts such as gifts from wills and trusts, gifts from qualified retirement accounts, and estate gifts. If you are interested in legacy giving with PeaceTrees we would love to help you find the best and most effective way to contribute to a future full of resilience and community building. Since normalization in 1995 PeaceTrees Vietnam has removed more than 110,000 items of explosive ordnance (EO) and cleared over 3,000 acres of land, but much work remains. With you by our side, the next quarter of a century can be more productive than our first.
By including PeaceTrees Vietnam in your legacy giving plans, you will automatically be welcomed into the PeaceTrees Friendship Circle, a group created to honor our most steadfast supporters and friends. This circle of passionate supporters shares a vision—a Vietnam entirely cleared of dangerous EO, and communities supported in their goals for safety, education, and economic success. Together, we can walk with our Vietnamese counterparts into a bright future of trust, peace, and continued friendship.
Here is some information on the legacy gifts that PeaceTrees accepts:
A gift from your will or trust
- Include a bequest to PeaceTrees in your will or trust
- A bequest can be unrestricted or designated to a particular fund at PeaceTrees
- You can indicate an exact amount or percentage of the remaining balance of your will or trust
Sample language: “I leave to PeaceTrees Vietnam [the residue and remainder of my estate or a specific percentage] whose legal name is PeaceTrees Vietnam and whose IRS Tax ID number is 20-1051471.
Make a gift from your retirement account (for those 70.5 years of age or older)
- You can make a qualified charitable distribution (QCD), which is an outright gift to PeaceTrees, from a qualified IRA
- This type of gift can lower your taxable income
Name PeaceTrees as a beneficiary
- Name PeaceTrees as a partial, contingent, or sole beneficiary of your IRA, 401(k) or other qualified plan
- An important thing to note is that it is not sufficient to just list PeaceTrees as a beneficiary, but must fill out the correct forms with your plan's administrator and be sure to notify us so that we can best honor you and your legacy
- It is recommended that you review beneficiary plans and forms every five years with your financial planner or advisor
PeaceTrees welcomes estate gifts, if you plan to include us in your estate planning, we kindly request that you let us know so that we can build a plan together to maximize the impact of your generosity!
PeaceTrees encourages you to work closely with a trusted financial advisor when making planned giving arrangements and/or major gifts. PeaceTrees is excited to talk to you about legacy giving, but cannot offer financial advice.
To learn more about legacy giving with PeaceTrees, fill out the short form below with your name, email address and/or phone number, or, feel free to email Natalie at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your interest in our lifesaving work!