About PeaceTrees Vietnam
PeaceTrees Vietnam is a Seattle-based humanitarian organization working in Central Vietnam to assist those whose lives and livelihoods are threatened by the explosive remnants of war through humanitarian mine action and post-clearance development. We also invite people to travel to Vietnam through our Citizen Diplomacy Program to promote people-to-people connections and cultural understanding in Vietnam and the United States. PeaceTrees has four staff in Seattle and nine program management staff in Dong Ha, Vietnam.
PeaceTrees Vietnam seeks a part-time (appx. 20 hours/week) Development Assistant to join our small Seattle team. The ideal candidate will have at least a year of professional experience, past exposure to nonprofit fundraising, and be great with details.
Salary and hours of work: The hourly wage for this position depends on experience and will be in the range of $18/hr. Work schedule will be flexible, determined upon hire, and based in our downtown Seattle office. Candidates must be available to arrive at 8:30am or stay until 5pm at least 2-3 times a week and able to work occasional weekend or evening hours (3-4 times/year).
This position will be eligible for vacation and sick leave prorated according to hours worked.
Responsibilities of the Development Assistant:
General Office Support:
• Share reception duties including answering the phone, responding to caller inquiries, monitoring general email inbox, greeting visitors, receiving and distributing mail, and answering e-mail correspondence
• Assist with general office administration, including ordering supplies, requesting and mailing checks, going to the Post Office, etc.
• Provide administrative support within the organization including coordinating logistics for Board and ED, outreach, board meetings/activities, etc.
• Provide administrative support to Citizen Diplomacy program
• Assist with large mailing projects as needed
Fundraising and Communications:
• Process gifts according to established gift, accounting control, and confidentiality policies; maintain and update donor database as necessary; develop and curate donor lists
• Create correspondence, acknowledgement letters, proposals and other materials as necessary
• Provide administrative assistance as needed to Executive Director and Board in support of fundraising efforts
• Assist with development efforts including annual fundraiser in October as well as 3-6 other small events throughout the year
• Manage PeaceTrees’ social media presence; update website as needed
Essential skills and qualities:
• Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, experience with or the ability to learn other applications as necessary
• Ability to work independently in an often-quiet office, prioritize and handle simultaneous assignments with success and accuracy
• Detail oriented and excellent organizational skills
• Enthusiasm for PeaceTrees’ work in Vietnam
• Strong writing skills
• Sense of humor
To apply please email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org